This is one of my favorite go to options for an on the go breakfast, snack or after workout. There are several versions out there but I pumped this one up a bit to increase the protein content.
This recipe makes 6ea but I will often double the recipe and freeze in two’s after I bake them. When I want one for breakfast I just pull them out of the freezer the night before and reheat in the toaster. They are still good just thawed out to if you just want t throw them in the gym bag.
Also check out the video at Fav Brkfst “Cookie”
4 ea med ripe bananas about 8 inches ea
3 Tbs Almond butter
2 c rolled oats
1/3 c dried cranberries (sweetened ok)
4 Tbs hemp seeds, raw shelled
coconut oil to grease sheet pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease sheet pan w/coconut oil if not using a non-stick
- Peel bananas and place in a bowl. Mash up w/ a fork or potato masher until completely mashed up.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Portion into 6 equal parts on sheet pan and spread into about a 4 inch cookie.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove form oven and let cool.
*I like to freeze while on the sheet pan after loosening them. This way they won’t stick together in what ever storage container you use.