I love this one for it’s simplicity. Only 6 ingredients and the ingredient amounts are just estimates since you can add as much or as little as you want of each for the most part. The amounts for this one serve 2-4 depending on whether you want a side salad or a big bowl for yourself and left overs. As a single girl I love kale salads simply because I can make a big bowl, go ahead and dress it and it will hold in the fridge for a DAY OR TWO.
One bunch curly kale- should yield you about 4 cups when de-stemmed and rough chopped
1 cup cooked tricolor quinoa*- super easy to find in bulk
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sliced almonds
Juice from two lemons- can add some zest if you like
3-Tbs Good quality extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste.
How to assemble
1. Wash and de-stem your kale. Rough chop ( you want the pieces to be small enough to eat so you don’t have to cut with a knife while eating) and place in a bowl.
2. Squeeze in lemon juice and pour in olive oil.
3. Using your hands “massage” your kale to help break down the fibers of the greens and really mix the lemon juice and EVOO evenly.
4. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Season with salt to taste.
* Fun fact- red quinoa has just a bit more protein than regular white quinoa